In these blog posts, I will share key points from books I’m reading. Today I am sharing from “Mindfulness in Plan English” by Bhante Bhante Gunaratana, so that together we can benefit from these noble truths and transform our lives. I’d love to hear from you in the comments section!
- The practice of universal loving friendliness is also recommended for bedtime and just after arising.
- You must remember that you practice loving friendliness for the purification of your own mind, just as you practice meditation for your own attainment of peace and liberation from pain and suffering.
- Compassion is manifestation of loving friendliness in action.
- When you hate somebody, what actually happens that your own body generates such harmful chemistry that you experience pain, increased heart rate, tension, change of facial expression, loss of appetite, deprivation of sleep, and you appear very unpleasant to others. You go through the same things you wish on your enemy.
- Therefore we recommend very strongly that you practice loving friendliness before you start your serious practice of meditation.