In these blog posts, I will share key points from books I’m currently reading. Today I am sharing from “Mindfulness in Plan English” by Bhante Bhante Gunaratana, so that together we can benefit from these noble truths and transform our lives. I’d love to hear from you in the comments section!
1. Sorry, meditation is not a quick cure-all. You will start seeing changes right away, but really profound effects are years down the line. That is just the way the universe is constructed. Nothing worthwhile is achieved overnight.
2. Patience is the key
3. The object of Vipassana is to learn to see the truths of impermanence, unsatisfactoriness, and selflessness of phenomena.
4. When you relax your driving desire for comfort, real fulfilment arises. When you drop your hectic pursuit of gratification, the real beauty of life comes out.
5. We view impermanent things as permanent, though everything is changing all around us.
6. We learn to respond as a child by copying the perceptual habits of others around us.
7. The cause of suffering is desire aversion syndrome.
8. We learn to watch the arising of thoughts and perception with a feeling of serene detachment.