In these blog posts, I will share key points from books I’m reading. Today I am sharing from “Mindfulness in Plan English” by Bhante Bhante Gunaratana, so that together we can benefit from these noble truths and transform our lives. I’d love to hear from you in the comments section!
- As your concentration deepens you will have less and less trouble with monkey mind.
- The meditation experience is not a competition. There is a definite goal. But there is no timetable.
- Don’t think about your problems during your practice. Let your meditation be a complete vacation.
- Establish a formal practice schedule when you will do meditation and nothing else.
- This is not the easiest skill in the world to learn. We have spent our entire life developing mental habits that are really quite contrary to the ideal of uninterrupted mindfulness.
- We set up a formal meditation period in order to create a conducive environment for release everything buried in the unconscious.