Imaginebeingwell.org is committed to maintaining privacy protections for all of its users. For the purposes of this agreement, “Site” refers to the organization’s website at Imaginebeingwell.org, and the services offered therein.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
Imaginebeingwell.org may collect data of two different types:
- Non-Personal Information – The site may collect anonymous information that cannot be used to personally identify you such as usage and performance data, types of clients used to access the site, and so on.
- Personally Identifying Information – This is uniquely identifying information that you may enter in order to use selected optional “opt-in” features of this site. The site itself may be accessed and used anonymously – any personally identifying information collected is solely related to the use of these optional features.
These optional features and the information collected include:
- Donations –Imaginebeingwell.org is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and accepts donations in support of its operations. Donations are processed by our partners Stripe and Paypal, Inc, and these services may collect personal information in order to process any such donations, and they will share some information collected to identify you and your donation to Imaginebeingwell.org administrators, (name, email address, and transaction information) but will not include any sensitive account information.
When do we collect information?
Your name and email address is collected from you when you subscribe to a newsletter.
When you register to attend an event, or donate to our organization, these services are handled by those identified 3rd party providers, and as such, we do not directly “collect” your information, however, those third party services makes certain information available to us regarding the event registration (name and email address), and in addition, transaction details from any donation.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, or register for events in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding events and resources we think you may find useful
- To notify registered attendees of events of any pertinent information, such as cancellations, time changes, etc.
- To issue receipts for any donations you may have made to our organization
How do we protect your information?
Imaginebeingwell.org uses industry-standard TLS encryption for all communications with the site, and uses up-to-date software and policies to protect user data and privacy, sufficient to the type of information stored.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
There are other mechanisms such as “Do Not Track” signals, browser “incognito mode”, VPN’s, and other mechanisms that may allow you more control over your browsing privacy, but such discussion is well beyond the scope of our responsibilities.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Removal of Personally Identifiable Information
If you wish to have us remove any personal information we may have stored regarding you and your interactions with our site, please contact us at the email address info@Imaginebeingwell.org and our administrators will respond to your request promptly.
We may include links to third-party services and resources on this website; be aware that these third-party sites will have their own privacy policies and terms of service.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account with the associated service provider
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
Our website does not honor Do Not Track signals at this time.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States, and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days after we’re notified by the appropriate service provider.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information about our events, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or e-mail us at info@Imaginebeingwell.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL future correspondence.
P.O. Box 28
Round Hill, VA 20142
Last Edited on November 21, 2021